West Sussex has a higher-than-average percentage of people aged over 50, with this figure set to increase further in the coming years.
As we get older, many of us will need additional support to continue to live fulfilling, independent lives in our own homes for as long possible.
To help you plan ahead, there’s plenty of local guidance, help and advice available:
- West Sussex Connect To Support is for anyone looking for support to maintain their independence, manage day-to-day tasks and improve their health and wellbeing.
- The West Sussex Care Guide: Living Well in your Community provides advice on improving health and wellbeing and information to support people to live as independently as possible. It includes information about the different care options available and the organisations which provide support.
- Carers Support West Sussex offers a range of support services and free information, advice and guidance to unpaid carers aged 18 or older.
- The Carewise care funding scheme helps you and your family make informed decisions on paying for long-term care. Book a free consultation and receive specialist independent financial advice from trusted advisors via the website. Alternatively email email@example.com or call 0330 222 7000.
- The West Sussex Prevention Assessment Team works with local partners and communities to enable people to access the support they need to live independently. Contact them by calling 0330 222 4222 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you’re aware of another organisation or service we should add to this list, please do get in touch.