Below are links to useful information from a number of sources organised by category. We will be adding more links to useful sites over the coming months.
● The Macular Society – information and support about macular disease
● West Sussex County Council’s Connect to Support service
● Information on library services in West Sussex for the visually impaired
● Prevention Assessment Teams West Sussex – for adults and older people who might not be eligible for other statutory services and who have unmet physical, psychological, social, functional and/or environmental needs.
● Vista magazine – the official magazine of National Eye Health Week
● Order the RNIB’s Big Print TV & Radio Guide
● British Wireless for the Blind Fund – loaning free-of-charge specially adapted radios for those in need
● Sussex Coast Talking News – free talking newspaper
● Save on train travel with a Disabled Persons’ Railcard
● AccessAble – search for accessible places to go (formerly known as DisabledGo)
● Brighton & Hove Buses’ Helping Hand scheme – providing assistance discreetly when needed during bus travel
Blind Ambition, a disability training consultancy focused on improving the lives of disabled people, has a page of links to resources to aid job seekers with visual impairments
We are always on the look out for useful links and resources to share with our members. If you have a suggestion that we can add here, please do let us know.