Citizens Advice in West Sussex is offering appointments to specifically give advice around energy, from helping you understand your bills to advice on how you can reduce your costs as well as the help available to you. If you or someone you know is on a low income, vulnerable or has a health condition, you could benefit from this service.
In the meantime, here’s some quick hints and tips from Citizens Advice on ways to help reduce the cost of energy and the amount of energy you use.
- Use your heating controls more effectively, such as thermostats, radiator valves and timers. You can save £100 per year by only heating your home when you really need it.
- Use energy efficient lightbulbs – this can save £50 over the lifetime of the bulb.
- Turn off appliances instead of leaving them on standby – this can save £30 each year.
- Switch your provider for one that gives you a better tariff. You can check whether you can get a better rate yourself by using the Citizens Advice comparison tool.
- You can apply for grants and support from your supplier and also from the Government.
- Get in touch with Citizens Advice to get expert, friendly help.