RNIB and Blind Ambition have facilitated a series of employment advice webinars for job seekers with sight loss.
Going under the heading ‘New Year, New Me’, the webinars cover lots of useful topics which you can see below and access on their website here.
(Please be aware some of the videos have a ‘pass code’ allocated to them which is listed under the individual session link.)
- Goal Setting
- Apprenticeships Advice
- Skills Audit
- CV Preparation
- Why Should I Declare my Visual Impairment?
- Personal Branding
- Access to Work
- Where to Look for Jobs (Part 1)
- Where to Look for Jobs (Part 2)
- How to Present Yourself
- Preparing for Interviews
- How To Be Your Own Boss
- How to Find a Support Worker
- Your Legal Rights When Disclosing Your Disability
- Building Resilience
Blind Ambition also has a page with many useful links to resources for job seekers with a visual impairment. Take a look here.