Blind Person’s Allowance

Blind Person’s Allowance is added to your yearly personal allowance. The allowance is £2520 for 2021/2022.

You can claim if you are registered as blind or severely sight impaired with your local council, or if you have a certificate.

Jackie Brownlee at SSW is able to help you complete the application form so if you think you may be eligible and would like to know more or get help from Jackie, please give us a call on the usual office number 01903 235782.

Advice Service

Need help with a PIP application or benefits form?

If you need help with a PIP or benefits application, we can help. Jackie, a member of the SSW team (you can read about her here), has lots of experience of completing PIP applications and benefit forms, and would be delighted to help you too.

All you need to do, in the first instance, is contact the SSW office by emailing or calling us on 01903 235782.

Font Resize